Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Too many balls in the air?


The course has got off to a really good start with half the participants having logged in on the first day.

One participant is concerned that she might have too much going on to be able to give the course the time it needs. I can sympathise. Being self-employed I have quite a bit of flexibility as to how I organise my time, but I do seem to have quite a few plates spinning at the moment, or balls in the air. It's not the amount of work that is the problem so much as the number of different projects that makes life difficult - particularly if they involve research projects (I am involved in two at the moment). I've never been good at quickly switching from one thing to another, so I prefer it if I have a limited number of projects to focus on at any one time. This allows me to dig a bit deeper and reflect :-)

Blogging is useful because it forces you to stop and think/reflect. Since this isn't my only blog, I hope I'm going to be able to keep up with it.

Source of Image:http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2008/06/howto-juggle/

No comments: