Friday, April 23, 2010

Spirituality and reflective learning


Tonight my son (33 years old) phoned me. He had decided that I needed checking up on, since my husband is away. I told him that I was quite capable of looking after myself and that I had spent the day on a wonderful  walk in the Lake District. I can't quite remember how we got on to the question of spirituality, but at one point my son told me that he didn't think I was very spiritual - at which point I felt I needed to tell him that I regard walking in the Lakes on a fine day (not to mention numerous other activities I am involved in), as an awe inspiring and spiritual experience. Having said that, I'm not sure exactly what spiritual means. And I am now thinking about how this relates to the reflective experience.


No comments: